Now Hiring: Shamrocks Street Team
On the floor, the Victoria Shamrocks are a fixture in Canadian lacrosse history, playing our first season in the Inter-City Lacrosse League in 1950. Going into our 70th season, our club has found success year over year - breaking records, raising the Mann Cup, and providing family-friendly entertainment for over seventy years is what we do.
We are looking to hire members of our 2019 Shamrocks Street Team. As a member of the Street Team, you'll lead the charge in our efforts to make every single Victorian know what it means to Bleed Green.
This isn't a typical 9 to 5; you'll be part of an energetic team, meet fans, and occasionally work with players and coaches. You will help make memorable moments for everyone you meet along the way. The Street Team will be an important part of Shamrocks' games and events where you, along with your colleagues, are our ambassadors on the frontlines - you're the first point of contact between fans and the club. With the Shamrocks Cruiser out in full force, you'll help make a positive and fun impact all around Greater Victoria.
How you will contribute:
- Responsible for connecting the Shamrocks with the public
- Consistently engaging an audience while promoting key messages
- Receive fan feedback, compile and report to supervisor
- Work as part of a team, and independently, with a willingness to manage events
- Work evenings, weekends, and day shirts as events dictate
- Have fun!
What we are looking for:
- You have a positive work attitude and desire to learn new skills on the job
- You are excited about working in the sports industry
- You have a friendly and outgoing personality
- You may have a background in marketing, events, and/or previous experience in a promotional / street team role (not required)
- You may have a valid Class 5 driver's license
- You may be willing to perform in costume from time-to-time
- You are willing to work at events across Greater Victoria
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
This is a part-time, casual position. Compensation will be determined for each individual and could include a mix of paid and volunteer work depending on each individual's career goals and education requirements.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our requirements to [email protected]
We thank everyone for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.