WLA Releases 2022 Regular Season Schedule
After missing two seasons to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Western Lacrosse Association - WLALacrosse.com (WLA) announced today it’s 2022 regular season schedule, a full 18-game per team schedule to be followed by August playoffs and
sending the league champion to Ontario for the Mann Cup in September.
"Our clubs are working hard in preparation for the coming season and our players and coaches can’t wait to get back on the floor in 2022," said WLA Commissioner, Paul Dal Monte.
The season is scheduled to open Friday, May 27th at The Q Center in Victoria with the Shamrocks hosting the visiting New Westminster Salmonbellies. Opening weekend will continue with two Saturday matchups featuring Burnaby at Coquitlam and New Westminster at Nanaimo, and a Sunday showdown with Langley at Maple Ridge.
For the complete regular season schedule, visit WLALacrosse.com; the seven teams of the WLA will host their home openers as follows:
- May 27: Victoria vs. New Westminster at The Q Centre;
- May 28: Coquitlam vs. Burnaby at Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex;
- May 28: Nanaimo vs. New Westminster at Frank Crane Arena;
- May 29: Maple Ridge vs. Langley at Cam Neely Arena;
- June 1: Langley vs. Coquitlam at Langley Events Centre;
- June 2: New Westminster vs. Burnaby at Queens Park Arena;
- June 10: Burnaby vs. New Westminster at Bill Copeland Arena;
WLA teams and staff are preparing for the 2022 regular season and will be working hard to bring Senior A box lacrosse back to arenas this summer. As always, the league extends its thanks and appreciation to front-line and essential services workers for their continuing efforts to keep our communities safe and healthy and running as smoothly as possible amidst the pandemic.
In 2020 and 2021, the WLA cancelled its regular seasons, and in cooperation with Major Series Lacrosse and Lacrosse Canada, also cancelled the Mann Cup. The last WLA champions in 2019 were the Victoria Shamrocks and the last Mann Cup champions were the Peterborough (Ont.) Lakers.