WLA Seeking Social & Digital Media Coordinator
The Western Lacrosse Association (WLA) is looking for a young, talented, and passionate part-time Social & Digital Media Coordinator to create and maintain a strong online presence for the league. Your role is to implement online marketing and communications strategies through the league website and social media accounts, with a focus on increasing web traffic, social media dialogue, and fan engagement.
As a Social & Digital Media Coordinator, you will report to the WLA Commissioner and work with our member clubs to develop content and suggest creative and innovative ways to attract more fans and promote our game and our brand.
The Social & Digital Media Coordinator is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for sports and connecting with current and future fans. That passion comes through as he/she engages with fans on a regular basis, communicating the WLA’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyperconnected young fans, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
The Social & Digital Media Coordinator will administer the WLA’s social media marketing and advertising.
Administration includes but is not limited to:
• Development of brand awareness and online reputation
• Content management
• SEO and generation of inbound traffic
• Cultivation of leads and sales
The Social & Digital Media Coordinator is instrumental in managing the
WLA’s content-related assets.
Content management duties include:
• Support the creation and publishing of current, relevant, original, high-quality content
• Identify, educate, and improve WLA digital / online / social media presence and awareness, ensuring alignment and consistency
• Create a regular publishing schedule
• Work with the clubs to implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
• Promote content through social advertising Responsibilities
• Provide direction & leadership around current digital media trends
• Educate colleagues around the league to use social media in a consistent, cohesive, and beneficial way
• Create engaging text, image and video content
• Design posts to sustain fans’ curiosity and create buzz
• Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
• Facilitate online conversations with fans and respond to queries
• Report on online reviews and feedback from fans
• Oversee social media accounts’ layout
• Suggest new ways to attract prospective fans Requirements
• Related work social / digital media experience
• Expertise in multiple social media platforms
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Familiarity with online marketing strategies and channels
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
• Degree in Marketing, New Media or relevant field
If you’re a young, energetic, up and coming social / digital media star who loves sports and is interested in developing your skills and resume, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter by email to [email protected]
Application deadline is Friday January 27, 2017.